Thursday, September 6, 2012

I LOVE FALL


I love Autumn.  I spent much of my life in the Great Lake State, Michigan.  The fall season there is awesome.  The trees turn beautiful colors, the kids jump in piles of leaves, the skies are a deeper blue, the air crisp.  Along with cooler temperatures comes the opening of Cider Mills serving warm apple cider and cinnamon sugar donuts.   




Football season starts, schools hold craft and art shows and carnivals.  Pumpkins start showing up by the truckload and Halloween is just around the corner.  I love fall.  

Now I live in Houston and fall is still quite warm and we do not have Cider Mills.  But we are excited to see the pumpkins in the stores and at the nurseries.  And sure we have school carnivals and craft fairs.  And football - boy do we have football.  Texas is BIG ON FOOTBALL!

I actually like football.  My favorite team is the Houston Texans. Next in line to the Texans are the Detroit Lions!  Both should have really good seasons, I think!  We sometimes go to the local high school football game.  My husband play football in high school. I think he likes the trip down memory lane that results for going to a high school football game. 

Below is my all time favorite Texan - Avery and two of his biggest fans, Amber and Allie (the grandkiddos 1, 2 and 3).





So I remember Michigan fall fondly and I should mention here that I really really really do not miss raking all the leaves!




No comments:

Post a Comment